CFKids Junior Varsity Program
Days: Tuesdays and Fridays
Cost: $70/month for 1x/week or $120/month for 2x/week - Runs on a month-to-month basis.
*Due to the nature of our program, we do not allow drop ins for CrossFit Kids. This is to ensure we can provide a quality program for all kids who are registered!
email Coach Joshua - Joshua@outsiderscrossfit.com
CrossFit Kids Program
Summer 2019 Session
Tuesdays 11am - 12pm
June 25th - August 20th (8 sessions, no class on July 23)
Email Coach Holly - firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for questions!!
What is Outsiders CrossFit Kids?
Our CrossFit Kids program is designed for boys and girls ages 6-11. In this program we have 3 main goals: 1. Teach; 2. Inspire; 3. Have fun. We teach children correct body mechanics that are foundational to playing, running, climbing, jumping, and lifting. We inspire them to have a desire to be fit and healthy for life. We show kids that fitness is fun by creating an exciting atmosphere and workouts that are approachable for all levels.
Specifically our workouts train children these 10 physical skills:
- Cardiovascular Endurance – Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
- Stamina – Can you get enough energy to your muscles?
- Strength – How much can you lift?
- Flexibility – Can you touch your toes?
- Power – How much work can you do in the least amount of time?
- Speed – How fast can you go?
- Coordination – Can you move smoothly and efficiently?
- Accuracy – Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
- Agility – How quickly can you change direction?
- Balance – Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?
Why should my child participate in CrossFit Kids?
Physical Benefits – We emphasize good movement throughout childhood. Consistently good body mechanics translates to physical literacy, enhanced sports performance, and fewer injuries.
Emotional/Mental Benefits – Our program also helps develop skills such as teamwork, sportsmanship, and self-discipline. It gives children an increased self-esteem and confidence. Research also indicates that exercise is beneficial to cognitive function. While not physical, these are all skills that will help kids become successful later in life.